Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C.
45 East Vine St.
Utah Attorneys Solving Clients' Legal Problems Since 1944
We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are open for business, but our main website (DSLAW.COM) has been down for a few days (Still, as of 9/22/2017)
To add insult to injury, our telephones and email have been down due to a failure of the fiber optic line. They should be operational by Monday September 25.
We hope to have our website back up before the end of September.
Nevertheless, please feel free to call for a consultation if you need legal help or have questions about our services. Call us at 801-262-6800
Why Call Us?
There are many law firms in the Salt Lake Valley, as well as throughout the State of Utah. Why call Day Shell & Liljenquist? Because retaining an attorney to help you and work with you in your legal needs or problems is a personal matter. You will find that we have your interests at heart, we have the experience and drive to fully represent those interests, our fees are reasonable, and we will tirelessly work with you and for you as your attorneys.
Rely on our experience
Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C., one of the oldest law firms in the Salt Lake City area, has the experience to resolve your legal issues involving personal injury, family law, workers compensation, bankruptcy, estate planning, probate, Social Security disability, criminal defense, business planning and more. We listen carefully to you and employ innovative techniques to resolve your problems.
Our repeat clients and countless referrals speak to the fact that client care is our top priority. We realize you are the one who has to live with the outcome of your case, and we strive to achieve the best outcome possible.
Dedicated to helping you
Our attorneys focus on the areas of law that impact your life the most. It is our goal to help individuals and families when they need it the most. Whether you are facing a divorce, bankruptcy, estate planning issues, personal injury or you have been charged with a crime, we are fully prepared to provide you the advice and guidance you need. We proudly offer our clients:
- Decades of experience. We have been providing trustworthy legal advice for more than 65 years. Our attorneys have the skill and intelligence to effectively and efficiently handle your legal problem, giving you confidence and peace of mind during a difficult time.
- Compassion and caring. We understand that you are seeking our help because you are facing a tough situation. It is our goal to lift the burden from you and stand by your side each step of the way in accomplishing a positive result. Every client who walks through our firm's doors is greeted with a smile.
- Commitment to client care. Our clients are real people, not case numbers. Finding solutions to your issues is important to us. We fully explain all of your legal options, answer your questions in a timely manner, and always treat you with respect. We take pride in our personable attorneys and staff and our friendly office atmosphere.
- Reasonable fees. Legal help is not always inexpensive. We are sensitive to that and seek to keep the costs down while still putting in the time and care to do what needs to be done. Our hourly rates are very competitive and our contingent fees in personal injury cases and workers' compensation cases are often lower than the big firms.
Providing comprehensive legal services
When you are facing a legal matter, you want an attorney who will fight for your best interests. We are persuasive negotiators and aggressive litigators with a proven record of success. Let us assist you with such matters as:
- Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability claims. Phillip Shell of Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C. (Call him Phil) has been representing injured workers and their families for over 35 years in workers' compensation and Social Security Disability cases. He has appeared in countless hearings before the Utah Labor Commission and the Social Security Administration and has successfully resolved many contested cases. Call today to speak with Mr. Shell or his staff to see if he can help you with a work injury, occupational disease claim, or SSDI claim. His fees are very reasonable and you will enjoy working with him.
- Personal injuries. When you or a loved one has been injured because of someone else's negligence, we can help you recover compensation through a personal injury claim. Whether you are involved in an automobile accident, have been hurt on poorly maintained property, or harmed due to medical malpractice, we are fully equipped to help you seek compensation for damages. Michael Day is our lead personal injury attorney. He has negotiated, mediated and tried many claims over his years of practice. He will fight for you to get the right result.
- Divorce/Family Law. Lead attorney Tonya Whipple, one of the attorneys at Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C., understandsd the anxiety associated with family legal conflicts, especially divorce and child custory. We engage in negotiation and mediation when possible to help you achieve an amicable resolution, but if the other side is unreasonable, we prepare your case for trial. In addition to handling contested and uncontested divorces, Tonya handles issues involving child support, alimony, child custody, division of property, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, child visitation, domestic violence restraining orders, and adoptions. She is friendly, bright and aggressive.
- Bankruptcy. Bankruptcy gives an honest debtor a fresh start. Our bankruptcy attorneys provide assistance in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases, which are the most common bankruptcy petitions for individuals. When we meet to discuss your situation, we help you determine whether Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 is right for you. Our team prepares and files the paperwork to begin your case and makes sure that any foreclosure or garnishment proceedings pending against you stop. Call for a no-cost initial consultation today to discuss your situation and get the process started.
- Estate planning/Probate. We provide a full range of estate planning services for families of all sizes and financial conditions. Our seasoned estate planning attorneys listen to your goals for distributing your property and determine the best ways to accomplish them. In addition to drafting wills and handling probate litigation, we provide other estate planning and probate court services, including drafting trusts, handling trust disputes, trust administration, advance healthcare directives, powers of attorney, and guardianship assistance.
- Criminal defense. We provide aggressive criminal defense services. Our criminal defense lawyers protect your rights and hold the government to its burden of proof. When you've been wrongfully accused, you need a trustworthy team of professionals on your side. Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C. is a law firm that works for you.
Call our respected Salt Lake County attorneys today
We deliver high-quality legal representation to help clients throughout Utah and neighboring states solve a variety of legal problems. We take the time and have the experience to help you. Lay down your burden. We'll take care of it and take care of it the right way. We are centrally located in the Salt Lake Valley, just south of Salt Lake City, near the Murray Central Trax Station. Our office is located just 1/2 block west of State Street just west of the Wells Fargo Bank. We have convenient parking on the west side of our building. Our regular hours are weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we offer evening and weekend appointments as needed. Call us at 801-262-6800 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.