Estate planning attorneys Michael E. Day and Nathan Whittaker at Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C. provide comprehensive services for individuals and their families throughout Utah. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with evening and weekend appointments also available. The office is located conveniently located near mass transit stops, including the Murray Central Trax station.
Call or email us today to schedule a free, no-commitment consultation
Comprehensive estate planning services
Since 1944, Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C. has helped clients throughout Utah develop estate plans to fit a variety of circumstances. No two families are the same, and estate plans should be flexible enough to change as your family changes.
Our experienced estate planning attorneys guide you through the process, step by step. Whether you need a will, trust, power of attorney, living will, or guardianship, we can help. We handle all issues related to estate planning, from simple wills, powers of attorney and living wills, to managing the administration of a complex trust or litigating probate issues. Our attorneys assist clients with all sizes and types of assets. Some of our services include:
- Administering trusts and estates
- Advising personal representatives or executors in estate administration matters
- Establishing guardianships and conservatorships for children and adults
- HIPAA authorizations
- Powers of attorney of all types
- Selling assets to carry out the wishes of the testator
- Trusts, including living trusts and generation-skipping trusts
- Living wills
- Probating wills
- Simple wills
- Will contest litigation
Aggressive estate litigation services
Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C. is ready to litigate if an estate matter goes to court. Whether there is a will contest or trust administration dispute, our probate litigation attorneys protect your interests and uphold the wishes of the deceased.
We use our litigation and negotiation skills to help resolve disputes related to settling an estate. The estate litigation issues we handle include:
- Creditor claims
- Failure to pay beneficiaries
- Lack of mental capacity
- Legal advice for trustees and personal representatives
- Payment to wrong beneficiaries
- Trustee or personal representative's failure to determine value of assets before sale
- Trustee or personal representative's failure to provide proper accounting and reporting
- Undue influence
Reliable estate administration services
Our estate administration attorneys provide assistance to personal representatives of estates in probate. We provide the legal advice personal representatives need to ensure compliance with the laws of probate and estate distribution in Utah. Being the personal representative of an estate is a big responsibility, but you don't have to do it alone. We guide you smoothly through each stage of the process, from notifying potential claimants to closing the estate.