Attorney Michael E. Day and the team at Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C. provide comprehensive personal injury legal services for individuals and their families throughout Utah. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with evening and weekend appointments also available. Our office is located conveniently located near mass transit stops, including the Murray Central Trax station.
Call or email us today to schedule a free, no-commitment personal injury consultation. Our fees are contingent, so if you hire us to help you, we only get paid once you win.
Fighting for those injured in car crashes
The Utah Department of Public Safety provides these alarming statistics about the rate of auto accidents in our state:
- A motor vehicle crash occurs in Utah every 10 minutes
- A person is injured in a Utah crash every 23 minutes
- A person dies in a crash in Utah every 36 hours
If you or a loved one was injured because of the negligence of another driver, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries. At Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C., our experienced personal injury lawyers represent the interests of accident victims and do the necessary battle with the insurance companies out of court and with their defense attorneys in court. We are the law firm that works for you and with you.
Going the extra mile for auto accident victims
At Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C., we understand that the impact of a car wreck can range from relatively minor injuries to leaving you permanently disabled or with diminished earning capacity. Our compassionate personal injury lawyers provide:
- Experience you can trust. We have helped personal injury victims throughout Utah since 1944. You can trust us to get you compensation as swiftly as possible so you can get back on your feet.
- Protection from insurance company tactics. When you have been injured in an automobile accident, the insurance company is likely to make a quick, low-ball offer to try to get you to settle. We make sure the insurance company treats you fairly, and we are ready to take your case to trial if necessary.
- Visit with us, or we can come to you. If you were injured in a crash, you should speak with an attorney as soon as possible to learn your legal options and preserve your rights. Don't sign anything with an insurance adjuster before you know your rights. If you are still recovering at home or in the hospital, we will visit you there.
What are some common car wreck injuries?
More than 3 million people are injured in automobile accidents each year in the United States. The severity of injuries varies, but certain types of injuries are common and include:
Cases accepted on a reasonable contingency fee basis
At Day Shell & Liljenquist, L.C., we provide personal injury representation on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients pay no retainer or attorney's fee until we obtain compensation for your injuries, rehabilitation expenses, and lost work time. If you have been injured because of the negligence or carelessness of another, contact our Salt Lake area law firm to speak with a personal injury lawyer. Many firms charge 40% or more in contingency fees. We limit our fees to 33% and work to keep costs and expenses down.